I have served for several years in variety of industrial and academic positions with leading players in Cyber-Security and E-Commerce. I am currently an EU Marie Curie fellow (The Marie Curie Fellowships are Europe’s most competitive and prestigious awards in cyber forensics, have Ph.D in Security in Computing and a number of professional qualifications namely SANS-GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN), SANS-GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), SANS-GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst (GCFA), CCFP (Certified Cyber Forensic Professional), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), Following are more details of my professional activites:
KEYNOTES AND INVITED SPEECHES
· Invited speaker at OWASP Manchester meeting on "Digital Forensics: The missing piece of the Internet of Things promise" - 16 Jun 2016.
· Invited speaker at the "European Intellectual Property Prosecutors Network (EIPPN) Workshop" on "Malware Trends and Lessons for Law Enforcement Agents (LEAs)"- 14 Mar 2016, Alicante- Spain
· Invited speaker for ISACA Cyber Security Nexus (CSX) 2016, “Forensics Readiness: Is Your Company Ready for A Forensics Examination”, London, UK, Nov 2016.
· Invited speaker for BigIT Technology Malaysia 2016, “Digital Forensics Challenges in the Age of Big Data”, Kuala Lumpor, Malaysia, Sep 2016.
· Keynote speaker for the Second International Conference on Information Security and Cyber Forensics (InfoSec2015), "Detecting and analysis IoT Malwares", Cape-Town, South Africa, Nov 2015.
· Invited speaker for The Future of Cyber Security Conference, “Cyber Warfare: Trends and Future”, 26th Jun 2015, UKMediaCity, Manchester
· Invited speaker, ISACA EuroCACS/ISRM 2015, "Finding the Needle in Internet of Everything Haystack", Copenhagen, Denmark, Nov 2015.
· Invited speaker, ISACA North-West UK meeting, "Strategic Cyber Threat Intelligence", Oct 2015, Manchester, UK.
· Keynote speaker for the Second International Conference on Information Security and Digital Forensics (ISDF2015)- "Efficient Analysis of Malware Campaigns" – Kuala Lumpor - Malaysia
· Keynote speaker for the Third International Conference on Digital Information and Communication Technology and its Applications (DICTAP2013)- “Cyber Warfare Trends and Future”- 08-10 Jul 2013, Ostrava- Czech Republic.
· Instructor for “Cyber Threat Intelligence Workshop” at Hogeschool van Amsterdam, 14th-17th Mar 2017, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
· Speaking at the Higher Education Smart Campus Association (HECSA 2017) about “Using the Cloud on Campus Secure Remote and Unlimited Computing Power” on 8th Mar 2017, Cardiff, UK.
· Instructor at European Cyber Security Summer Camp, 29th Aug – 02 Sep 2016, Amsterdam, Netherlands
· Panel member for Data/Cyber Security Round Table – 9th December at UKFast, Birley Fields, Manchester.
· Panel member of Manchester Trust Forum, 19 November 2015, NCC Group
· Speaking about “Strategic Cyber Threat Intelligence "at ISACA Northern England Chapter Meeting at KPMG – Manchester, 21 Oct 2015.
· Ali Dehghantanha, “Government must invest in skills and police resources to tackle cybercrime”, TheCoversation, 29th Jun 2015
· Instructor at International Summer School in Ethical Hacking and Incident Response, Varaždin, Croatia: 6 July - 10 July 2015.
EDITORIALS, EXTERNAL EXAMINATION AND CONFERENCE CHARINIG
· Committee member of International Workshop on Big Data Analytic for Cyber Crime Investigation and Prevention, Dec 2017, Boston, MA, USA.
· A member of referee board for Elsevier Journal of Digital Investigation (since Nov 2016).
· Lead editor for Elsevier book on "Contemporary digital forensic investigations of cloud and mobile applications", 2016